Saturday, May 11, 2013

Labia Love

' Soul meets soul on lovers' lips.'
  -- Percy Bysshe Shelley

Labia. I love this gentle word meaning vulva lips. Lips -- another beautiful word which occupies a special place on the pedestal of human beauty and sensuality.

Labia define a woman's cunt -- like the way her mouth defines her face. Some are large and some are small and some are in between. But every vulva is a unique masterpiece of erotic beauty and I have yet to see a pussy without appeal. Labia are the petals of the sacred woman flower -- the perfectly sculpted lotus, fragrant and silky, and if you're lucky, spotted with dew, and oozing sweet nectar. It is a moment of intense excitement when she surrenders her luscious labia to pleasure and lust -- so sensually wonderful, like your first long deep kiss.

So I am troubled when I hear that a woman feels the need to alter the flower of her femininity. I shudder to think of the surgical defiling of her unique beauty, just as I would be horrified by the mutilation of a painting by Picasso or Rembrandt.

But I have also been there and feel a certain empathy. I must confess to being circumcised as a young adult -- mostly on the basis of published surveys of what women want. Fortunately, I have never regretted it.

But ultimately, it's not about her labia -- it's about her.

No comments: